Winnipeg in Bloom
Front yard gardens do so much to improve curb appeal and beautify your community!
Show us your neighbourhood pride by sharing your gardens with us for Winnipeg in Bloom 2022!
- Open to single-family residences, multi-family residences, churches, community centres, and businesses throughout Manitoba
- To enter: email 2 or 3 photos of your FRONT YARD GARDEN to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include: your name, address, and daytime phone number, along with 150-200 words describing what inspired you to create your garden, and the positive impact it has on you, and your neighbourhood
- Winning submissions will receive prizes from our sponsors
- Full names, addresses and emails of entrants will be kept confidential, with only first names and neighbouhood being released to media and/or posted on social media
- Contest closes: Friday, September 2, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are only front yard gardens eligible?
There are many lovely back yard gardens in Winnipeg, but those don't add to the curb appeal of the city. Also, not everyone gets to enjoy them! We want to encourage more people to bring their gardens to their front yards, where the entire neighbourhood benefits in the colour and beauty of the gardens.
Are properties outside the city eligible?
Yes! Because photos are submitted via email, we no longer require an in-person visit to your property, so we are able to open up the contest to the whole province.
I have a small yard. How can I compete with all the large properties out there?
We want to celebrate all properties, large and small, and we feel it isn't the size of your yard, but what you do with your space that matters. Bring colour and imagination to your yard, and celebrate our growing season!
I own a business with no space for a garden. How can I get involved?
Have you considered planter boxes in the window? What about a mobile planter, such as a bicycle with a basket, or a small wheelbarrow, with plants in it? You could put it on your sidewalk during the day, and bring it in at night when you close. Your imagination is the limit!
Can I nominate a neighbour?
If you have a neighbour you think should enter, let them know about the contest. Because we need their permission to print a photo of their house, they would need to enter themselves. If they don't have access to a computer, smartphone or digital camera, perhaps you could help them out that way.