Painting with Pride!
Eight Winnipeg homes will receive a “brush up” this weekend.
The 2014 Brush Up Winnipeg program, sponsored by Manitoba Public Insurance and Insurance Brokers Association of Manitoba, aims to beautify the community by painting the exterior of homes around Winnipeg. Homes are selected based on financial or physical restraints of the home owner. This program, run by Take Pride Winnipeg! Inc., has painted 68 homes since its inception in 2006./p>
“A total of ten homes will be painted this year,” says Tom Ethans, executive director, Take Pride Winnipeg!. “The program improves the curb appeal of the entire neighbourhood, and brings a huge smile to the face of the homeowner.”
Teams of corporate volunteers will be participating in a one-day large-scale Paint Day, September 6, 2014. The houses being painted this weekend are:
- 935 Polson Avenue, painted by Coghlan’s Ltd. and Speedpro Imaging
- 1055 Magnus Avenue, painted by MTS Allstream
- 469 Galloway Street, painted by Kaltire
- 994 Herbert Avenue, painted by Starbucks Coffee
- 470 College Avenue, painted by Insurance Brokers Association of Manitoba and Manitoba Public Insurance
- 27 Conifer Crescent, painted by Winnipeg Foundation
- 2 Bluebell Avenue, painted by RBC NextGen Winnipeg
- 191 Woodlawn Avenue, painted by MacDon Industries
- One home (831 Talbot Avenue) was painted by Monsanto Canada this summer, and one home (458 Leighton Avenue) will be painted later this month by MTS.
Take Pride Winnipeg! is pleased to acknowledge Manitoba Public Insurance and Insurance Brokers Association of Manitoba as Title Sponsors of this year’s program. Other major partners include Winnipeg Free Press, Dulux Paint and City of Winnipeg.